Nordfab Quick-Fit ductwork is highly suited for use in dust extraction and ventilation systems within most industries. One industry that it is perfectly suited to is the woodworking industry.
For more than 40 years, Nordfab ducting has been used around the world for dust collection in woodshops, from one-person shops to large manufacturing plants. Here at Ducting Express we regularly design dust extraction systems with clipped ductwork. Because Nordfab’s Quick-Fit duct is well-constructed, modular, and easy to put together or take apart, and because it is reusable, it has become a standard for ducting in the woodworking industry.
Nordfab clip ducting is the perfect match for any woodworking facility for many reasons, some of these reasons include:
- Quick and simple to install – Quick-Fit ducting can be installed by almost anyone, it’s in the name. Ducting and fittings are simply clipped together with a quick release clip, known as a QF Clip, no special tools required.
- Easy to take apart – QF duct can easily be disassembled (unclipped) for relocation when woodworking machines are moved, changed or new machines installed. Due to its sturdy construction, it can be re-used again and again.
- Relocation made simple – Due to the clipped ducting being easy to take apart and reassemble the duct can easily be moved from one building to another.
- Reduced risk of fires and explosions – A buildup of wood dust can cause fires and even explosions. The smoother internal surfaces of quick-fit ducting reduces the risk of dust build up, because it’s simple to install, it’s also easy to remove in order to clean
- Available in most standard ducting sizes – Nordfab clip duct work is available in a large range of industry standard sizes from 80mm to 710mm diameters. Larger diameters are available with flanged connections (contact us about larger sizes). There are even products that are especially designed for wood applications.
- Leak resistance – As the ducting is manufactured from galvanised steel with plasma welded seams, which have smoother internal surfaces, leakage is virtually non-existent. These factors made for a highly efficient system where the suction is provided to the machines, not leakage in the ductwork.